Here's a list of resources we have found helpful. Please contact us to add your own.
- Joan Medlicott and The Ladies of Covington
- Positive Aging California
conferences in Berkeley, CA and Silicon Valley on Nov 12, 2008
- Women Living in Community
Conference in NC
- Elder Cohousing through The Cohousing Association of the United States
The Cohousing Association is taking over The Elder Cohousing Network
- Glacier Circle Senior Cohousing (Davis, CA)
New York Times article on first Senior Cohousing in U.S.
- Silver Sage Village
Senior Cohousing in Boulder, CO
- ElderSpirit Community
Abingdon, Virginia Senior Cohousing, inspiring and educating others
A Jubilados-inspired Senior Cohousing community under construction in Santa Fe, CA
- Jubilados c/o Santa Fe Doorways - a community partnership to enhance end of life care
The inspiration for ElderGrace
- ElderFire Communities
a vision from a Southern California developer for how developers can incorporate the essentials of community into their projects.
- Community Without Walls (Princeton, NJ)
A Princeton (NJ) model for mutual support for aging in place.
- Community Without Walls (Pasadena, CA)
Pasadena (CA) aging-in-place mutual support model
- Elders' Guild: Conscious Aging for the Greater Good
A Berkeley (CA) program of The Live Oak Institute helping seniors self-organize to discuss challenges and opportunities of aging and to take action -- for the greater good.
Aging-In-Community model pioneered by The Farm Community in Tennesee
- Rainbow Vision (Santa Fe)
Gay retirement community GLBT resort
- The Lodges at Eagles Nest
- openhouse (San Francisco)
LGBT-friendly affordable assisted-living that also serves market-rate residents around it
- Welcome to On Lok SeniorHealth
A progressive senior center being touted as a model for empowering clients
- SAIL - Support for Active Independent Lives
- Avenidas (Palo Alto, CA)
A Beacon Hill Village-inspired model for aging-in-community
- Golden Girls Central
The Golden Girls TV show is an inspiration for some looking at house-sharing community-living options as they age
- Green House
Dr. Bill Thomas' model for small, patient-centered assisted-living facilities
- Hope Meadows (IL)
Model for intergenerational community with subsidies for elders willing to "grandparent" foster kids
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation
funded Denver CHOICES program
- Palliative care (wikipedia)
A place to start to find links to hospice care communities.
- Garden Spot Village
in Pennsylvania, particularly including The Households at Garden Spot Village, skilled nursing with community
- The Communities at Sycamore Springs
- Garden Spot Village at Home
An extension of the Garden Spot Village assisted-living center that provides services so people can remain in their homes.
- Time Banking - Creating Social Change by Weaving Community
A system for coordinating people helping one another when able, getting help when needed.
- Spiritual Dimensions of Living and Dying
- Friends House (Santa Rosa, CA)
Quaker (Friends)-organized CCRC in Santa Rosa
- Sense of community (wikipedia)
wikipedia article providing inspiration for a model for aging in community
- The Last Resort
SF Chronicle article (2005) on fictional book on shared house in Piedmont, CA
Minneapolis time bank and more
- Vital Aging Network
Helping older adults be self-sufficient, live fulfulling and meaningful lives, and contribute to strong communities (Minneapolis)